I have been blogging just over a year and I have learned so much. I think for a little bit I am going to share some of the things I have learned so that others can learn as well. This blog is a more personal blog, so I don’t monetize it very much. Pixie Dust Savings is a couponing, frugal living, and Disney blog and leans itself very easily into monetizing. Here are my top five companies, in no particular order. I am part of more than these but these stand out to me.
- Escalate Media: This is an excellent affiliate company. The have amazing, no spammy offers. Plus they have a low $25 payout and they pay out very fast. Another thing I like is the people you work with. You account managers really help you if you get stuck. They offer the highest payout for Coupons.com because they add on a new user pay.
- Commission Junction (CJ): They are awesome because they have tons to companies to promote. My favorites are The Disney Store, Groupon, and Walgreen’s. Unlike Escalate Media you don’t have an account manager, but when you call for assistance you get immediate help and they pull up your account and look at your activity so you don’t have to explain everything each time you call. Their payout is a little bit more at $50, but once you get going you should be able to get payout.
- My Savings Media: They run similar offers to Escalate and also offer the personal customer service. It is nice to get email and actually be addressed by name and get personal non-scripted responses to questions. They also have a $50 payout.
- Linkshare: They have Walmart and a lot of other retailers. You get to pick your payout amount.
- Share-a-Sale: This company has lots of lesser known companies that offers paid posts sometimes, review potentials, and so much more. They also work with Destinations in Florida, which is one of the main reasons I joined them.
Disclaimer: Some of these links are referral links.
After a late start my husband’s and I date night pretty much rocked. We had a Wii date night. I usually make date nights all themed but that fell through. We were originally planning to go to Tarpon Springs to the Sponge Docks so I could get some images for my guest post I am doing for another blog. Since the temps were in the 90′s and the heat index above that we decided for an indoor date. Late notice meant no themed food. We played Mario Kart and Wii Sports. I pretty much suck at Mario Kart but I can play Wii Sports pretty well. It was nice to spend time with the hubs not just watching TV. We actually talked a little bit and I treasured the time because in three weeks he starts school and I will see very little of him. I already don’t see him much because he is working two jobs.
After that I helped my husband design his blog header for his new blog. It looks pretty great, if I do say so myself. Now I just got to get this blog’s design up to par. Here is his header.
Today will be busy as I do some matchups, try to get some laundry finished, a little house cleaning done, and a little more work on blog design.
For the next couple Faith N’ Pixie Dust will be changing a little bit. I have neglected this blog so bad and I don’t really want to. I think if I just post 1 or 2 times a week, that would be great. I really need this outlet to vent and just share my life. So while the site is in transition, it might look a little plain or funky, but I promise you I am working on it. I look forward to revitalizing this blog and making more friends.
In a previous post I mentioned getting robbed at Disney. They took my all my pins and my laptop. Well, I was trying to win a pin on another blog. I didn’t win the pin but the host of the giveaway heard about my story and sent me a very special LE pin that she had gotten from when she was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I just got it in the mail yesterday. I love it. I am going to be making her a nice thank you card this week. Here is the pin! This is definitely a way to rebuild a collection and you can be sure I will guard my pins like treasured gold now!
In other news, I am going to my very first advanced screening. I am going to see Disney’s Planes. We picked to go watch it in Downtown Disney, just so we could get some more pin trading time in!
I went back to church last week. Well, I went to orchestra practice. I play the clarinet. This was my first time in orchestra. I have forgotten so much of the clarinet. I have to relearn a lot of the fingerings and so much more.
My relationship with God isn’t totally repaired but I am hoping that I begin to see my purpose again. I think my problem is I put my value in what I do rather than just in who God thinks I am. When my business is doing well, I do well. When my house is perfectly clean, I feel great. When I eat healthy for a day I feel great. On the other hand, if I perceive my business is bad, I don’t want to get out of bed. When I argue with my husband, it makes my whole day bad. I shouldn’t let external circumstances affect me. I am not my business, my marriage is only a part of me. [click to continue…]
I have been really lonely the past few days. I have been missing Jeanette like crazy. I shouldn’t be still missing her. She has been gone for six months and I hadn’t seen her 3 months prior to that. I am looking for a friend. One I can hang out with. One I can find my faith again with. I wish finding friends was like it was back in school. You had friends because of classes, dorm halls, common clubs. When you don’t have kids it seems like it is very hard to meet people. Anyone else feel like that?