One of my goals for 2015 is to make my marriage better. One way I want to work on my marriage is to cover my husband in prayer. I want to pray for my husband in the following areas in his life. Knowing what to pray can be hard. Men and women are wired so differently. I have decided to concentrate on these areas in my husband’s life.
- His relationship with God. His relationship with God is more important than his relationship with me. I pray that my husband grows closer to God every day. Let him feel God’s love and guidance in every moment.
- His job and career. I do not understand my husband’s job and career. He goes to work every day and I am not part of that world. I pray that he is able to handle the stress and the demands of the job. I pray that he makes the rights connections and decisions when it come to promotions and job choices. Right now my husband is looking for a job in his field and his is also in school. May he have a clear mind to study and retain everything he learns so he can be the best paramedic there is. 1 Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord”.
- His character. I pray for my husband’s character. Even though I wish sometimes I could have mini spies watching over my husband. I need to trust him and his choices. Especially his choices when no one is looking. May God guide him in choosing good over evil.
- His health (spiritual, mental, and physical). God please watch over my husband and his health. Take care of his body and his mind so he can be his best for you, Lord. 1 Corinthians 6:19 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own”.
- His self-esteem.
- His purity. I pray for my husband’s purity. Between TV, movies, and indecently dressed women, my husband is in a great battle for his purity. May he have victory! Romans 13:14 “But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts”.
- His friendships. God, please give my husband close friends that lead him closer to you. Proverbs 13:20 “He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed”.
- His safety. Lord, please keep my husband safe while he travels to and from work and school.
- His leadership role in our marriage. Lord, can you shut me up sometimes so my husband can be a better leader? Give my husband the strength and wisdom to lead us and our family. (Related: Praying for a Submissive Spirit)
- His witness to others. My husband is a relatively new Christian and does not freely share his faith. I pray that he has boldness in his workplace, around his family, and around his friends. Lord, let him not be ashamed of you!
More Resources on Praying for Your Husband:
- The highly rated book Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe: A Daily Guide to Scripture-Based Prayer by Sharon Jaynes
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian (all of her books are amazing!)
- Wives on the Wall: 365 prayers and declarations for wives to pray for their husbands (Volume 1)