Ever just need some comfort? I don’t know about about you, but outside of Jesus I don’t find much comfort. The world around us doesn’t have the answers. Our husbands can’t fully maintain our spiritual health. We must lean on and gain comfort from God.
Here are my 10 favorite verses I read when need I need to find comfort in the arms of my Savior.
- “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:17-18
- “May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father,who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,” 2 Thessalonians 2:16
- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:46
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26
- “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21