Have you seen the posts yet? I am sure you have. It is the middle of November and people are flooding Facebook with things they are thankful for. I understand it is customary to do this, but what if we jumped off social media and really showed our thankfulness to the world. I mean, I could say I am thankful for my salvation in Jesus, but if I never share my faith am I really showing an attitude of thankfulness. I could I am thankful for my husband, but if I don’t show him kindness I am don’t think I am being very thankful.
Ways to Show Thankfulness
Show you are thankful for
- your salvation in Jesus by asking someone to come to church with you.
- friends by making them a handmade card.
- your husband by not nagging for a day.
- your children by letting them do something special you don’t normally do.
- the food God provided for you by donating to a food pantry.
- your job, by having a great attitude when you go to work.
- your home by doing some deep cleaning projects.
- your health, by going for walk (because you can) and making some healthy eating choices.
- your extended family by giving them a call other than on Thanksgiving day or just tagging them in a Facebook status.
- your talents and use them for God’s glory.
We all have something to be thankful to God for, it does not need to be plastered all over Facebook. It does NEED to be acted out on in the world.
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17
What have you done lately to show your thankfulness to God for something or someone important to you.